Thursday, September 11, 2014

About This Blog

A quick introduction: I'm Angela Gerloski, a student at the University of Wisconsin, at Milwaukee. I'm a social studies education major emphasizing in history, economics, and political science. This school year I'm student teaching at Nathan Hale High School in West Allis, Wisconsin. Here I'm teaching 9th grade social studies, as well as world history. In less than one year, I hope to secure my teaching license.

I've chosen to be a social studies teacher for several reasons. I really enjoy learning about the social studies, especially history, and I hope to share my love of history with the students I will teach in the future. History is such an important because it shows us where we've been as a window into the future of where we are going. I also have a passion for talking, so teaching--talking all day-- is a great opportunity to take advantage of that talent.

Education is an important aspect that shaped my life. I have a passion for helping people, and being a teacher is on of the most rewarding and important ways to do that. Educations is absolutely necessary to success in career and in life. It empowers us to be active and informed members of our society, and hopefully make a positive impact on the world.

Fun Facts About Me:
- Abraham Lincoln is my favorite U.S. president
- I graduated from UW- Madison with a BA in History-- in three years.
- Shopping is my hobby outside of teaching and learning.


No comments:

Post a Comment